Creating a gallery
- Log in to the Photo Selector admin panel.
- Click "Add gallery..." button. Enter the gallery title and select which gallery options you want to enable.
- Click the "Actions" button on the newly created gallery and select "Upload images...". Drop images in the indicated field or use the "Add images..." button.
- Once you have uploaded your images, your gallery is ready to be shared.
- Click the "Click to share..." link. Check the "Sharing enabled" option and copy the link you can send to the people who you want to view the gallery to the clipboard. In addition to this, you can select "Protect with password" and enter the password they will need to open the gallery.
- Use the "Actions" button in the gallery list and select "Browse" to view the gallery as an ad-manager. You can always add new images to the gallery or delete selected ones by clicking "Delete images" and selecting the ones you want to delete.
Tips on resolution and image quality
The recommended format is JPG with 2000px on the longest side and quality from 70 to 80.
The application dynamically changes the resolution of images to match the user's screen resolution, taking into account high density screens in mobile devices.
You can upload bigger files but it may cause a drop in performance when uploading.
Minimum image resolution that can be uploaded is 500x500px.
Photo Selector has the ability to install additional plugins to expand the application capabilities.
Follow the instructions below to install and activate the plugin:
- Copy the folder containing the plugin files to the "plugins" directory.
- In the administration panel, go to the "Settings->Plugins" tab and click "Enable" on the plugin to activate it.
Translating the application into additional languages
Photo Selector supports multi-language interface. Standard languages are Polish and English.
Follow the instructions below to add a translation in another language (basic PHP knowledge required).
- Add the idiom and the name of the new language in the "application/config/photo_selector.php" file
- In the folder "application/languages" create a folder with the name of the new language and copy all the files from any of the standard languages.
- Translate all the copied files into the new language.